Sunday 13 May 2012

A weekend of homework

This weekend I have been a good student and kept my nose to the grindstone virtually the whole time.  I spent most of Saturday working on my essay, and on Sunday went for my early morning swim, followed by more essay homework and some successful drawing. 

It's only about 3 weeks before I return to the UK, but at this late stage, I needed to buy a new swimsuit.  I cycled to the pool, and discovered I had left my swimsuit behind.  It was getting a bit thin, so I splashed out on a new one (in the sale, so half price).  It has a rather interesting tiny grid pattern on it, and when I flex my stomach muscles, the pattern ripples! 

I've spent a couple of weeks trying to work out how to simplify my banksia pattern making, and have finally done it.  I've drawn them quickly and confidently with charcoal and indian ink.  I've used several sketches to make an all over print, and I think I've finally cracked it.  I knew it made no sense getting upset about it, and now I've relaxed a bit, it all came together.

But having worked so hard all weekend, I'm tired at 7.30pm so I'm going to veg out in front of the tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment