Friday 22 July 2011

Have I bitten off more than I can chew?

I have just completed my first week's worth of timetable.  I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the sheer volume of work.  Every class seems to have background reading and subsequent tasks that need a lot of preparation outside class time.  In my History of Art & Design tutorial, we discovered one of our assessments will be a presentation to class.  No problem in itself, but you need to create the question yourself, and frame the structure of your argument, about the theme or issue you are tracking through art style history.  In our tutorials, we are meant to listen to 2 student presentations a week, from the middle of August.  I would prefer to get mine done early on, but we don't get more advice on how to structure the question until 2 weeks time.  I've also got to learn how to use powerpoint in a modern version (I last used this about 10 years ago!).  Oh dear ...

In Reconsidering Traditions, I need to prepare my knot drawings and read background (very heavy) material by Monday afternoon.  In my Pattern & Meaning class I need to prepare my silkscreen; prepare my designs; and put designs on silkscreen by Wednesday.   I think I have done everything required for Private Lives Public Issues on Thursday.  And I have a class every day.  We don't yet have IT access at home so all my online reading needs to be done at uni, which is a nuisance. 

I think we are going to have to get broadband at home so I can read/work there.  I'm starting to feel the pressure.  I hope I can keep up.  Anyway, off now to clean and emulse my silkscreen so that will be one item off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment