Wednesday 13 July 2011

A potential hiccup

Yesterday I had my first little worry about whether everything was going to be ok.  I went to an induction session at the School of Design & Art (SODA).  I was informed that I needed to provide original transcript of my first year results, and evidence of my portfolio.  I have not brought this with me, and immediately thought I'd missed some details that I should have been aware of.  I went home and checked all my documentation, including Letter of Offer, which was meant to specify everything to bring with me.  No mention of this supporting documentation.  I compiled all the relevant papers that I had brought and went to SODA this morning, only to find no-one was available as it was a department training day. 

At this point, I had the sense to go to talk to Tanya, the Student Exchange administrator, who has dealt with all the liaison with University of Herts.  She was the still, small voice of calm that I needed.  Tanya confirmed to me that people on Student Exchange have had all their details pre-processed and that I did not need to supply this information.  Pleasingly, Tanya confirmed that she had already sent all my details to the person who I had been speaking to, but sent a polite e-mail that reconfirmed my acceptance to this person.  Hurrah for Tanya!

I've also spoken to Jim this morning. He is at the station in Sydney, ready to board the train for his 3 day journey to Perth.  He sounds much brighter and upbeat than before.  He's obviously got over his jetlag and has enjoyed the company of Rob and Sal.  It sounds as if he and Sal have been planning further international student exchanges for me!  They think the next boundary I should cross is to study in a foreign language, and as I did a little French at school, have been identifying French speaking destinations for me (or me and Jim).  Cambodia is their most extreme destination so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment